How to apply
Before you fill out and send in your application you should initiate contact with the relevant director of studies, professor or person responsible for subject in order to get oriented about current research within the subject. The following are general guidelines for what an application should include. Always read the call for application carefully as it will outline clearly what to include.
Applications should be submitted electronically through the link in the advertisement. Usually, the application consists of the following parts, but details may vary between calls:
- Completed application form for admission to third-cycle studies.
- A CV with official transcripts that verify that the applicant has met both the general and special eligibility requirements to be admitted as a doctoral student at the Faculty of Educational Sciences. Copies of official diplomas and grade transcripts.
- Scientific papers or essays at the C- or D-level, MA-degree thesis, and if applicable published academic texts that strengthen your qualifications in the discipline you selected. The submitted texts should be in one of the Scandinavian languages, English, French, or German. You may also submit a translated text together with the original. This translation should be in one of the following languages: Swedish, English, French, or German. Please note that you must then provide an official translation.
- A five-to-ten-page plan for the dissertation. The plan is an important part of the application. It should be a description of the project you intend to carry out as a doctoral student. The following aspects should be included:
- Aim of the study
- Problems and questions to be addressed
- Theoretical perspectives underpinning the study
- Data to be collected and analysed
- List of references
Applications should be submitted electronically, through the link in each call.